Sunday, October 17, 2010

A Million New Ways To Market Your Book!

Everyday I find several new ways to market and promote books. So many that sometimes my head spins. It spins in a good way but spins none the less. Social networking is so exciting and unlimited in terms of what you can do and who you can reach. I must say it is time consuming and it does take a bit of time to build up speed but once you do it takes on a life of its own. And it is exciting!
Put in the time. You won't be sorry. If you are able, get someone to help you. A publicist already has a good list of sites and will know how to get things done quickly, giving you the time to keep writing.

Happy Writing!
Denise

3 comments:

Sheila Deeth said...

It was oddly disturbing and comforting at the same time to read about an author who hires an intern to interact on twitter and facebook for her.

Denise said...

I don't quite understand your statement. An intern? Intern and publicist are totally different. When a publicist posts to Facebook and Twitter it is a basic update that the author updated their blog or will be on tour or will be doing a book signing somewhere. Personal interaction remains between author and fan/reader.
With so many things to do we need to take help where we can get it.
Thanks for leaving a post. I enjoy questions and comments. Very thought provoking.
Denise

Denise said...

You know I should have said when a publicist posts to Facebook and Twitter it SHOULD be a basic update. I can really only speak for myself and how I handle things.
Thanks again!
Denise